We are currently recruiting globally, and we are looking to add to our engineering team:
The Battery Pack Manufacturing Engineer provides technical support to production to ensure production goals of the organization are met. The Battery Pack Manufacturing Engineer will review existing and new manufacturing processes, develop, propose, and implement process changes that will improve productivity or reduce costs, help troubleshoot, maintain, document, and repair manufacturing equipment and design tooling, fixturing, 3d prints, and jigs to improve processes. The Battery Pack Manufacturing Engineer will work closely with other departments to address quality, cost, and technology challenges and to support efficient and rapid manufacturing growth.
- Analyze, develop, propose, and implement changes to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the battery pack manufacturing process;
- Assist in maintenance, troubleshooting, documentation, and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment;
- Ensure manufacturing equipment and processes are within compliance and operate efficiently;
- Drive continuous improvement practices, including 5S, Leaning Manufacturing, and Six Sigma to reduce waste and improve quality;
- Design and develop fixtures that aid in manufacturing processes;
- Work with engineering teams to optimize battery module design and production;
- Develop training and documentation for battery production, testing and validation;
- Provide technical leadership in solving production and quality issues;
- Document and implement engineering changes in the production process;
- Validate, test, and bring up new manufacturing processes and methods;
- Drive or provide input for new production equipment;
- Interface with equipment suppliers for new and existing equipment in manufacturing;
- Work with team members to identify and drive correct actions for process quality and performance issues;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Key Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering preferred or combination of education and equivalent experience;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a factory or manufacturing environment and previous experience in automation;
- Working experience with 2D or 3D engineering design and manufacturing tools (Solidworks or ProE);
- Hands on experience with computer-aided engineering (CAE) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Proactive, detail-oriented and an eye for efficiency;
- Strong planning and organizing skills, information collection and management and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to rapidly learn how to use new equipment and implement procedure changes;
- Ability to work under pressure; ISO9001 experience, mandarin language skills are a plus.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume/cv to email@example.com.