We are currently recruiting globally, and we are looking to add to our finance team:
The Senior Accountant will provide support and assistance with all aspects of financial accounting for our multiple entities. This includes but is not limited to providing effective solutions to practical issues and to provide support to the Accounting Manager in this fat paced environment. The Senior Accountant will report into the Accounting Manager and is a key member of the Finance organization.
- Perform full-cycle duties in multi-currency environment;
- Monitor and resolve batch posting issues in ERP (Microsoft Great Plains);
- Ensure timely preparation of periodic and month end reporting;
- Prepare general ledger entries, complete State sales tax and GST analysis and remittances;
- Monitor accounts receivable and collections, maintain Fixed Assets Register;
- Prepare monthly depreciation schedule and entries;
- Complete monthly inventory reconciliations & analysis;
- Assists in the preparation of audit working papers and in the preparation of year-end financial statements;
- Complete month-end consolidations and variance analysis;
- Work collaboratively with Managing Directors of business units;
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY COMPENTENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent 5 years of industry experience required;
- CPA designation considered an asset;
- Strong inventory management and process skills;
- Highly conversant with Microsoft Office; competent in use of Microsoft Great Plains.
- Strong attention to quality control: ability to consistently achieve accuracy and thoroughness ability to monitor your own work to ensure quality and improve performance through feedback;
- Adaptable, flexible and open to change while functioning effectively in a team environment;
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to situations quickly, while meeting deadlines;
- Must have an elevated level of confidentiality and professionalism;
- Strong knowledge of IFRS with experience in manufacturing and inventory management;
- Excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and strong analytical skills;
- Excellent initiative and time management skills, with the ability to meet new challenges and changing priorities with a positive and proactive attitude.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume/cv to firstname.lastname@example.org